City of Winnipeg
By-law Support Worker
Number of Positions
Up to 2 temporary positions
April 01, 2023
Your education and qualifications include:
- High school graduation or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Demonstrated interest in public compliance, education and awareness programs.
- Demonstrated ability to be a positive, energetic, and constructive member of a team, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing (ability to communicate effectively in languages other than English would be considered an asset).
- Horticultural experience or an agricultural background would be considered an asset.
- Experience in a customer service environment.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- Valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s License and the availability of a personal vehicle for work.
- Ability to pass a Criminal Record Check and qualify for Special Constable status while employed in this position.
- A Police Record Check and a Police Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the applicant(s) or successful candidates(s), at their expense. To obtain a Police Information Check please visit www.winnipeg.ca/police
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position, which include walking/standing for long periods time, and lifting weights up to 40 lbs.
Anticipated Start Date
We have great benefits and competitive salaries, and we are committed to ongoing learning and career development!