Michif Child and Family Services
Child and Youth Care Worker
Number of Positions
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
$15.90 to $23.88
- Demonstrated understanding of Metis Culture and Communities
- Satisfactory employment record
- Grade 12
- Current Non-Violet Crisis Intervention would be an asset
- Current and valid CPR and Emergency First Aid certification required
- Ability to cook
- Ability to maintain highly sensitive and confidential information
- Strong interpersonal, administrative, organization and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to multi task and prioritize
- Ability to determine and assess potentially dangerous situations
- Ability to stabilize and provide safety to residents and staff
- Must be a permanent resident of Canada
- Must have a current satisfactory employment record
- An Acceptable Child Abuse Registry Check, Prior Contact Check and Criminal Records Check
- Access to a reliable vehicle and possession of a valid class 5F Manitoba driver’s license as travel within the communities is required.
- Applicants will be required to produce satisfactory results of a Prior Contact Check prior to being selected as the successful candidate.
Anticipated Start Date
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to Metis, Inuit or Indigenous applicants. Applicants are encouraged to self-declare in the cover letter.