Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority
Number of Positions
- Minimum Grade 11 education required.
- Valid Food Handlers Certificate required (must be obtained within six months of employment). Re-certification must be current and valid.
- Completion of a recognized Institutional Cooking Course required or Red Seal.
- Knowledge in the areas of therapeutic diets and texture modification.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Minimum three (3) years cooking in a commercial food services environment, preferably in a health care setting.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Ability to operate required equipment.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English.
- Ability to perform mental and physical aspects of the position.
- Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to communicate in more than one language would be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in both official languages is essential for target and designated bilingual positions.
- Satisfactory employment record.
Anticipated Start Date