Michif Child & Family Services Agency
Family Service Worker
Number of Positions
Portage la Prairie, MB
Full Time - 7.25 hours/day
SP3 - $26.96 to $34.72 / SP4 - $29.73 to $41.23
Education and Experience
- BSW or BA and two years related experience, or a combination of education and five years related experience
- Knowledge related to areas of substances abuse, family violence, child maltreatment, and child development
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in areas of crisis intervention, abuse investigation and assessing high risk situations
- Experience working with Metis and Inuit people
- Access to a vehicle and possession of a valid Manitoba driver’s license as travel to various Agency offices throughout the Province will be required.
Prior to commencing employment the successful applicant will be asked to provide satisfactory results of a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, a Child Abuse Registry Check, Prior Contact Check and a Driver’s Abstract upon hire at their own expense. A valid Manitoba driver’s license and the use of a personal vehicle are requisites as travel is required.
Anticipated Start Date
MCFS offers a supportive and progressive work environment, competitive salaries, excellent benefits package and training opportunities. We thank all who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to qualified Indigenous applicants. All are encouraged to self-declare in cover letter. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.