Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc.
Food Bank Supervisor
Number of Positions
March 21, 2023 at 4:00 PM
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience
- A post-graduate degree: an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Supervisory and Operations experience required.
- Strong communication and leadership skills – position requires ability to interact and communicate with staff, volunteers, and community (donors from various sectors).
- Training in de-escalation techniques desired (will provide training).
- Knowledge of warehouse safety, storage practices, and inventory management required.
- Strong organization and time management skills required.
- Able to work as a collaborative team member in delivering customer service.
- Certified in food handling safety standards desired (will provide training if needed).
- This position requires walking, standing, sitting, and lifting boxes up to 40 lbs., and the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Service-oriented with a passion for helping with people orientated projects
- Solid interpersonal communication skills, with an emphasis on active listening
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to build strong relationships and gain trust with urban members & staff
- Empathetic approach, a non-judgmental attitude, and a willingness to be patient
- Strong problem solving and leadership skills
- Level head with the ability to stay calm, even in high-pressure situations
- Time management skills and the willingness to prioritize the needs of urban members & staff
- Ability to maintain intake & organization confidentiality
- Proven compassionate and patient demeanor
Anticipated Start Date
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and two (2) references by 4:00 PM on March 21, 2023 to: Shawna Flett at firstname.lastname@example.org