Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority
Health Care Aide
Number of Positions
- Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized Educational Institute.
- Demonstrates understanding of the role of the Health Care Aide within a health care setting.
- Knowledge of the techniques and procedures of patient/resident care related to activities of daily living.
- Knowledge of safe patient handling techniques.
- Knowledge of Violence Prevention Program training and processes.
- Acknowledgement of the infinite value of human life, respecting the rights of all individuals to live and die with dignity.
- Knowledge and understanding of P.I.E.C.E.S.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Resident Bill of Rights.
- Mandatory education sessions as set out by the program.
- Previous related experience in health care setting preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills through clear communication and positive behavior within the Respectful Workplace Policy.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to recognize and purse self-development opportunities.
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality.
- Ability to respect and promote a cultural diverse population.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in an environment that promotes and is conducive to pets where applicable.
- Mental and physical ability to meet the demands of the job.
- Completes and maintains a satisfactory pre-employment security check.
- Satisfactory employment record.