Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority
Home Care Attendant
Number of Positions
- Certificate in Health Care Aide Course from an accredited college.
- Other combinations of education/experience may be considered at a commensurate classification/salary.
- Previous experience working with elderly or infirm is preferred.
- Ability to provide safe, effective, personal care in a manner that considers each individual’s need for comfort, privacy, and respect.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, and coworkers; both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a health care team.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for work purposes.
- Candidates must be available to work a variety of shifts.
- Access to an answering machine and /or call display.
- Mental and physical ability to meet the demands of the job.
- Satisfactory employment record.