City of Selkirk
Kin Centre Attendant
Number of Positions
$16 an hour
1. Education, Knowledge and Experience Minimum Requirements
- Current clear Child Abuse Registry Check
- Grade 10 Education
- Valid Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License preferred.
- Considerable skill in the operation of designated equipment and hand tools
- Understanding of basic janitorial tasks and cleaning compounds
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. This includes the ability to understand written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge and understanding of the occupational hazards, safety precautions, regulations and procedures that are applicable to the area of work.
- Demonstrated competence in safe work practices.
- Willingness and ability to work shift work, callouts and overtime as required.
- Must be able to work in a parks and recreation facility environment and outdoors, which includes extreme weather conditions.
- Must be physically able to perform all the laboring aspects or other duties associated with the position assigned.