The Link: Youth and Family Supports
Maintenance Crew Lead
Number of Positions
Ongoing until filled
765 Main St
Full Time - 70 hours biweekly
Dependent on qualifications
- Completion of grade 12 or GED.
- A valid Province of Manitoba Journeyman’s Certificate (or working towards), in any of the building trades (desired).
- Experience supervising staff.
- Experience patching and painting.
- Thorough knowledge of standard practices, materials, tools and equipment utilized in the area of assigned work including general maintenance, landscaping and facility maintenance.
- Advanced skill in the operation of equipment, tools and instruments used for assigned work areas.
- Ability to assign and supervise the work of others, provide instruction, lead a small crew and inspire confidence.
- Considerable knowledge of work hazards and applicable safety precautions associated with assigned area of work.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers and the public.
- Working knowledge of leadership skills including communication, motivation and performance feedback.
- Working knowledge of bicycle repair and maintenance.
- Ability to think logically under difficult situations or under pressure.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize job duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English – verbally (Benchmark Level 5), to read, listen and write.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and construction drawings.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team, with other community and related organizations to achieve The Link’s goals and objectives.
- Writing and numeracy skills in order to satisfactorily record and maintain accurate data, correspond in writing via email or text; complete timesheets, incident reports, forms and other documents accurately as required; and calculate and complete expense claims as needed.
- Possess the capacity to be aware of and control one’s own emotions, maintain professional boundaries, and to handle interpersonal relationships respectfully, empathetically and professionally.
- Ability to participate in stand-by duty and report back to work if called.
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification.
- ASIST Certificate (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) and NVCI Certificate (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training).
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, a clear Child Abuse Registry check with acceptable Prior Contact checks, and a clear Adult Abuse Registry check, all done within the last 3 months or willing to obtain.
- The Link requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, in a manner that is approved by Health Canada, as a condition of employment. (Accommodations will be made for those who are exempt from receiving the vaccine due to legitimate, established reasons in accordance with The Human Rights Code of Manitoba. In these cases, appropriate supporting documentation will be required.)
Anticipated Start Date