City of Winnipeg
Project & Research Facilitator
Number of Positions
1 - Temporary
March 16, 2023
Full Time - 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday
$25.00 to $33.00
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Economics, Political Science, Public Administration, Social Sciences preferred, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- GIS Certification would be an asset.
- A minimum of three (3) years in a related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years administering grants and working within granting programs.
- A minimum of three (3) years of diverse and progressively more responsible experience in Community Social Development, or Social Support service delivery systems, in an administrative capacity.
- A minimum of three (3) years prior related experience in the field of analytics, neighbourhood profiling.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in research standards.
- Strong written and oral presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to write and produce statistical and market analysis reports.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of SPSS, GeoMedia, experience in Adobe products would be an asset.
- Demonstrated project management ability.
- Demonstrated relationship and consensus building.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and experience working with/in support of vulnerable populations.
- Knowledge of and experience working with/in support of Indigenous-led organizations.
- Knowledge of and experience in crime prevention and community safety.
- Knowledge and experience in the area of community social development.
- Lived experience as a person from a First Nations, Metis, Inuit, Black or Racialized community is an asset.
- Valid Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License is desired.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check (Vulnerable Sector) satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense. To obtain Police Information Search information please visit: www.winnipeg.ca/police.
- May be required to provide a vehicle for transportation while on City business subject to the terms and conditions of the City of Winnipeg Transportation Policy.
Anticipated Start Date
The Project and Research Facilitator will also assist, when required, in other tasks for the Community Development Division. This position is part of a temporary project that ends in 2026.