Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority
Support Services Manager
Number of Positions
Lac du Bonnet, MB
- Certification in Health Services Management OR Canadian Healthcare Association Food Service Certificate OR Completion of post-secondary education (University or Community College) in Business Administration or related areas.
- Certificate in Food Safety Training.
- Proven related knowledge and experience in an institutional food, housekeeping and laundry setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of theories, principles and operational practices integral to food, laundry and housekeeping services management.
- Knowledge of Food and Environmental Service Standards.
- Knowledge of accounting and business practices as related to Support Services.
- Knowledge of and the ability to work with diverse cultures.
- Three (3) years management experience in the Health Care field in Food, Housekeeping and Laundry Services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates good supervisory skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, demonstrating considerable judgment, courtesy, and tact. Managers must conduct all communications in a business-like manner with an emphasis on providing solutions.
- Ability to supervise and evaluate staff, directly and through multiple levels of supervision.
- Ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations confidentially using sound, independent judgment within general policy and legal guidelines.
- Involve relevant stakeholder when responding to inquiries/issues. Acknowledge inquiries/issues in a timely manner.
- Ethical decision making based on the betterment of the organizations and budgetary considerations.
- Ability to foster and maintain positive working relationships both individually and in a team setting.
- Demonstrated organization, prioritization and time management skills required.
- Completes and maintains a satisfactory employment pre-employment security check.
- Satisfactory employment record.