Number of Positions
Are you the right fit?
• Provide counselling support to participants in the program.
• Provide treatment of a variety of mental health issues using evidence-based therapy modalities and frameworks such as Cognitive behavioural therapy, Dialectical behaviour therapy, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and cognitive processing therapy (CPT).
• Promote community integration and outreach by networking directly with and linking individuals to community resources.
• Review client assessment, needs, concerns and goals outlined in care plan provided.
• Assist or consult on the development of resource materials.
• Participate in planning, evaluation and quality monitoring including creating and maintaining client records and information for administrative reports.
What else do you need?
• Post-Secondary Education (Masters preferred) in Social Service/Health Service Field (i.e Counselling, Psychology, Social Work, Health Services/Sciences, Etc.)
• 2-3 years of Counselling experience in a similar role preferred
• Emergency First Aid and CPR Level C (can provide)
• Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
• Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI), Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) (an asset)
• Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills