The Link: Youth and Family Supports
Youth Care Practitioner
Number of Positions
Full-Time - 80 hours bi-weekly
$18 per hour for part-time and full-time roles, includes benefits, pension, vacation and paid sick leave. $16 per hour for casual roles, without full compensation package.
- Certificate or diploma in Child & Youth Care (other combinations of education and experience may be considered)
- Two years’ experience working with at risk youth
- Knowledge of trauma and resilience informed care as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong counselling skills and experience in behaviour management
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract (subject to approval)
- Emergency First Aid and CPR Level C and Mental Health First Aid & Safe Talk will be considered an asset
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, a clear Child Abuse Registry check with acceptable Prior Contact checks and a clear Adult Abuse Registry check, all done within the last 3 months
- ASIST Certificate (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) and NVCI Certificate (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training) preferred
- Training in Therapeutic Crisis Solutions (TCS)
- Knowledge of Indigenous customs, traditions, and beliefs will be considered an asset.
**Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle is a requirement for this position**
Anticipated Start Date
This position is required to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.