Who We Are
Youth Employment Services (Y.E.S. Manitoba Inc.) delivers employment services to youth. We receive our funding from the Province of Manitoba as well as many other donors and funders.
Our focus is to assist youth with finding and maintaining employment by utilizing a multilevel approach. We assess clients’ application skills, guide them to suitable employment opportunities, offer employability workshops, and provide resource training and educational programs.
In addition, we partner with many community agencies to offer presentations and workshops.
Youth Employment Services (Y.E.S. Manitoba Inc.) was founded in 1973 by the Winnipeg YMCA and the Rotary Club of Winnipeg, who had a vision of providing services for youth including motivational training, employment referral, and counselling.
Youth Employment Services was incorporated on August 9th, 1974 and is a registered charity.
To empower Manitoba’s youth to secure meaningful employment and contribute to our province’s growth and prosperity.
Youth Employment Services provides inclusive employment services for youth between 16 and 29. Our purpose is to prepare youth in realizing their potential to become self-sufficient.
- Community-enabled self-sufficiency
- Relevance in service
What do we do?
- We provide free employment services to young Manitobans.
- Write a strong resume/cover letter.
- Find job postings that will fit you.
- Prepare for job interviews.
- Register for education/training opportunities.
- Fulfill EIA requirements.
- Access education funding.
- Get your birth certificate/social insurance number.
- Connect to other support services.
- We provide a safe and supportive environment where youth can learn new skills, develop confidence in themselves and feel supported during their transition to employment.
- We offer monthly volunteering opportunities for youth to become engaged members of their community while gaining work experience and professional references.
- We develop relevant and responsive programming to meet the needs of Manitoba’s youth, community organizations, and industry partners.